In the meantime, I did see a couple of movies this past month and I ended up writing about them...
* Bernie, Richard Linklater reteams with Jack Black for a semi-successful comedic take on the true crime genre.
* The Dictator, Sacha Baron Cohen's latest is big on laughs and small on story, but if you like his stuff, the giggles win.
* Men in Black III. What does that make? At least two times too many? Josh Brolin is pretty great, though.
* Snow White and the Huntsmen. No glib line here. I actually like a review I wrote for once. I tried something different. Please read it.
* I also covered Portland's sixth-annual Queer Documentary Film Festival with a round-up of the event for the Mercury. I am hoping Jobriath A.D. gets out there and is seen by many, many people.
* Fat City, an excellent boxing drama from John Huston, starring Stacy Keach and Jeff Bridges.
* Spin a Dark Web, a 1956 British crime thriller, short on thrills but tall on Britishness. The photography stands out more than anything else.
Post a Comment