And now, the reviews...
* The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo, an adapation of the Stieg Larsson novel that is largely successful thanks to an incomparable performance by Noomi Rapace. Starts in Portland this weekend at Cinema 21, who have really had an impressive calendar as of late.
* The Joneses, a flawed but mostly entertaining and original satire on the culture of consumption. With David Duchovny and Demi Moore.
* Kick-Ass, the adaptation of the Mark Millar/John Romita Jr. comic. For once, I think the movie is better than the source. Well, except for that JR Jr. art. You can't beat that!
* The Losers, another comic book adaptation that doesn't quite succeed.
* The Runaways, a mostly rockin' music biopic about the first all-girl rock band.
* The Imaginarium of Dr. Paranassus, the new film from Terry Gilliam, featuring Heath Ledger's last performance. I found it a lot smoother on second viewing, though still not Gilliam's best.
* The Italian Straw Hat, a 1927 silent farce from Rene Clair.
* Mammoth, an intriguing drama from Swedish director Lukas Moodysson, highlighted knockout performances from Gael Garcia Bernal and the always wonderful Michelle Williams.
* The Young Victoria with Emily Blunt. Whatever happened to the Teenage Queen?