The Hunger Games art by Ross Campbell
* The Conquest, a biopic of French President Nicolas Sarkozy. The satirized starts to become the seducer...
* Friend with Kids, a truly adult "no strings attached" comedy with an exceptional cast.
* The Hunger Games, odds are I sorta kind love this movie. A smart adaptation of the books makes for one pleasing blockbuster.
* Jeff, Who Lives at Home, a preciously magical comedy. Or magically precious. I can't remember which. Either way, it's very good.
* John Carter, a mixed bag of sci-fi action and deathly dull exposition.
* Conversation Piece, the elegant penultimate film from Luchino Visconti.
* The Double Hour, this recent Italian thriller is a must-see. The debut of director Giuseppe Capotondi, and starring Filippo Timi
* Downton Abbey: Season 2, or Gosford Park Goes to War.
* Everyday Sunshine: The Story of Fishbone, an in-depth documentary on the seminal Los Angeles rock band
* Looney Tunes Super Stars: Pepé le Pew, I should have reviewed this as if it were a tragedy, not a comedy.
* Public Image Limited - Live at Rockpalast 1983, a classic live concert from Lydon & Co.
* The Sitter, the latest in the decline of David Gordon Green. A tepid comedy starring Jonah Hill.
* This is Not a Movie: Three Edward Furlongs, one bad script.
* Tyrannosaur, a brutal social drama about the cycle of violence from British actor Paddy Considine
* La Visita (The Vistor), a bittersweet 1960s romantic comedy starring 8 1/2's Sandra Milo